Asset Finance Connect and Leasing Foundation hosting Next Generation Conference Workshop
Asset Finance Connect’s first Next Generation Workshop, in association with the Leasing Foundation, will take place at the AFC Summer Conference on 13th June at 155 Bishopsgate, London.
Auto and asset finance companies can nominate young professionals from their organisations to attend the conference session to network with their peers, whilst learning about the industry from auto, asset and equipment finance industry leaders. Details of how to apply for tickets, which are available at the discounted rate of £120 + VAT, email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase tickets.
Edward Peck, CEO of Asset Finance Connect commented, “Asset Finance Connect’s inaugural next generation workshop shines a spotlight on the emerging talent within the industry. We must foster, develop and retain these young professionals for the future of the industry. This session will allow the participants to gain exposure to businesses outside their own organisation, while sharing their career challenges, issues and experiences with their peers and gaining insight from senior figures within the industry.”
The Workshop will include a presentation from Ken Hunnisett of B Corp certified Triple Point discussing the company’s social value creation and purpose-led approach to financial services. As a B Corp, Triple Point have met high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. Targeting people, purpose and profit in areas like digital infrastructure, energy efficiency and social housing, Triple Point has successfully unlocked investment opportunities that make a difference.
Participants will then be invited to join roundtables to network and discuss challenges in career development, sharing experiences of these issues with their peers and gaining insight from industry leaders. Networking and discussion will continue at the Conference drinks reception, with the industry leaders providing invaluable introductions for their group of young professionals.
Nathan Mollett, chair of the Leasing Foundation said: “We’re delighted that we are partnering with Asset Finance Connect to run a next generation workshop at the AFC June conference. We have a collective responsibility to develop and nurture the next generation of talent and this initiative gives them an opportunity to collaborate with each other and pause to think about how they can help shape the future of our industry and be a force for good. The Leasing Foundation and AFC are completely committed to facilitating this.”
Tickets will be available to our young professionals for the AFC Summer Conference and exclusive access to the Next Generation Workshop at the special rate of £120 plus VAT. Register today as there are limited spaces for the Next Generation breakout session. For more information on the event, visit the Asset Finance Connect Summer Conference website.
Young professionals who would like to be included in the Next Generation Workshop on 13th June should email email@example.com
If you have any queries or require further details about the Next Generation session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nina Babou, Head of Underwriting, Novuna Business Finance
- Charlotte Downing, Head of Broker Development, Simply
- Vicky Edwards, Chief People Officer, Alfa
- Ken Hunnisett, Head of Public Sector, Triple Point
- Astrid Michael, Head of Sales, United Trust Bank
- Nathan Mollett,Head of Asset Finance, United Trust Bank
- Mark Nelson, Director, Compass Business Finance
- Steve Nichols, Director of Asset Finance, Time Finance
- Inayah Noormahomed-Qureshi, Associate, Shoosmiths
The suggested criteria for attendees to the workshop is:
- Typically we are looking for people who are not already embedded deep in the asset/auto/equipment finance market;
- At the early stage of developing a network of people ie beyond their immediate colleagues;
- Who are focussed on careers and perhaps even trying out different specialisms;
- Maybe those with specific concerns (eg D&I);
- Those who are driven by purpose;
- Bright people with promise who would benefit; and/or
- Those who are keen to share their experience with the above.
This is by no means a definite list and we would recommend the organisation makes the decision based on who they feel would gain the most from attending - the above is purely for guidance.